Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Let's join Globe’s #Project1Phone advocacy

Posted By: SarahG - 9:22 AM

Share

& Comment

Since today is #ThrowbackThursday, I want to share about my old mobile phones. I remember my Tatay gave me nokia 5110 as my first mobile phone while I was in college. I’m so ecstatic because of the feeling that I could finally text my classmates and play with my phone’s snake game.

With the passing of time, I’ve also upgraded and these are the old phones I've used.
Nokia E63
Nokia E71
Nokia 5230
Nokia C3
Nokia Asha 201
Nokia 2700c
Nokia 3310
Nokia 2610 Slide

I remember some of these phones were stolen and others I passed on to my family.

Why I share these old phones? 
Because I want them to be used and not be gone to waste so when I learned of the advocacy of Globe, the #project1phone that can help the environment by donating your old phones to Globe, the return is a pledge to help build at least 40 school buildings in the province of Aklan.

Diba mas magaan ang feeling nakatulong ka na sa kapwa, naka sagip ka pa sa envionment to combat electronic waste.

So where can we donate our old phones?

Globe has provided donation bins in participating Globe Stores in various parts of the country (for the complete list, please visit the Globe Telecom website www.globe.com.ph/project1phone) so that its customers and stakeholders may easier participate.

Schools, corporations, local government units, and other private and non-government organizations may also participate in the program by adopting recycle bins. Interested parties may email Globe at bridgecom@globe.com.ph.   

All devices and accessories that Globe will gather shall be turned over to TES-AMM, a leading electronics waste recycler which will take responsibility for at end-of-life products to ensure that they are managed responsibly.   TES-AMM will, likewise, work on recovering precious metals and plastics from the recycled gadgets.  

Project 1 Phone also aims to educate the public on the harmful environmental impact of e-waste brought about by device disposal. When devices are dumped and crushed by garbage incinerators, they come out as metals like lead, mercury, cadmium, and beryllium, which have potentially harmful effects on the air, land, and water.

If you want to donate, you can find out how, when and where on this link: http://www.globe.com.ph/globebridgecom/project1phone
#TBT  #Project1Phone!



About SarahG

Techism is an online Publication that complies Bizarre, Odd, Strange, Out of box facts about the stuff going around in the world which you may find hard to believe and understand. The Main Purpose of this site is to bring reality with a taste of entertainment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 iRelease. iNews. ™ is a registered trademark.

Designed by Templateism. Hosted on Blogger Platform.